|Date of Joining
||16th March, 2010
|Area of Specialization
- Mathematical Physics – I
- Classical Mechanics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Quantum Mechanics
- Statistical Mechanics
- Practical: Mathematical Physics – I
- Practical: Mechanics
- Practical: Optics (Part – III)
||Ordering in equilibrium and non-equilibrium systems, Active System, Tissue Competition.
- “Chromatin as active matter”
Ankit Agrawal, Nirmalendu Ganai, Surajit Sengupta and Gautam I. Menon, Journal of Statistical
Mechanics: Theory and Experiment, (2017) 2017 (1)
- “Chromosome Positioning from Activity-based Segregation”
Nirmalendu Ganai, Surajit Sengupta and Gautam I. Menon, Nucleic Acids Research, (2014)
42 (7): 4145-4159.
- “Colloidal particles in a drying suspension: A phase field crystal approach”
Nirmalendu Ganai, Arnab Saha and Surajit Sengupta, Eur. Phys. J. E, (2013) 36 : 90.
- “Phase field crystal model of drying induced ordering of colloidal droplet”
Nirmalendu Ganai, Arnab Saha, Surajit Sengupta, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, (2011) 319,
- Presented a poster entitled “A Computer Simulation Study of Bulk Tissue Competition” in Symposium – From Membranes to Cells 2016, held in Forschungszentrum Jülich, Jülich, Germany, 7 – 8 November, 2016.
- Presented a poster entitled “Chromosome Positioning from Activity based Segregation” in Advanced Workshop on Interdisciplinary Views on Chromosome Structure and Function, held in the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy, 15 – 19 September, 2014.
|Participation in Schools/Conferences/Workshops/Symposia/Seminars
- School on Understanding Molecular Simulation, held at Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bengaluru, India, 17 – 28 August, 2009.
- SERC School on Computational Statistical Physics, held at Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati, 1 – 21 December, 2008.
- JRF Awarded by CSIR in December 2007.
- All India rank 103 in GATE 2008.